WEDDING CHECK LIST
Grand Tradition provides a wedding coordinator to assist with the coordination, preparation and timing of your wedding planning and most importantly making sure every detail is in place on the wedding day. You will have meetings with your coordinator to ensure you are equipped with the resources and information needed to plan your dream wedding. In the meantime, you may want to review a wedding checklist detailing of some of the more common tasks necessary leading up to the big day.
- SELECT THE PERFECT VENUE: Congratulations, more than half the planning is done! You booked Grand Tradition Estate & Gardens. Grand Tradition offers a full wedding package that will make your checklist so much easier. In addition, you will be assigned a wedding coordinator who will help you along the way. Soon your coordinator will introduce themselves and let you know what will be coming next.
- REVIEW YOUR WEDDING BUDGET: Most likely your budget was set prior to booking Grand Tradition, so now is a good time to review your payment plan, and create a schedule. You are welcome to create a payment cycle that differs from your statement as long as the required payments are met in their due time.
- CREATE YOUR GUEST LIST: Your estimate is based on the number of guests you approximated when booking. Now is a good time to compile an accurate guest list with your fiancé. Typically, between 10-20% are not able to attend for various reasons, so keeping a few more on the list isn’t a bad idea. Your final guest count will be due 10 days prior to the wedding.
- ASSEMBLE YOUR BRIDAL PARTY: Decide how many attendants you would like to have in your bridal party, if you will have children participate or even your pet(s) walk in the ceremony (please review Grand Tradition’s pet policy). Grand Tradition provides ceremony seating assistants and guest book attendants, so these assignments are optional for your friends and family.
- DECIDE ON YOUR WEDDING STYLE AND SHOP FOR ATTIRE FOR YOU AND YOUR BRIDAL PARTY: Includes all attire, shoes, undergarments, veils or hairpieces, and jewelry.
- PURCHASE WEDDING BANDS
- SHOP WEDDING STATIONARY: Order your Save the Date cards and send out as soon as possible. The earliest you can get on everyone’s calendar the better attended your wedding will be.
- INTERVIEW VENDORS: Grand Tradition’s wedding package allows for couples to hire vendors and services that will make their wedding uniquely their own. This includes the Officiant, Floral Designer, DJ or Band, Bakery, Photographer and Videographer. For a list of favorites, please see our Preferred Vendor list on our website or in your wedding brochure.
- CHOOSE YOU HONEYMOON DESTINATION: If you will be traveling outside of the US, make sure your passport and travel documents are current. Passports can take weeks to process, the earliest you can scratch this off the to-do list, the better.
- CONSIDER WEDDING INSURANCE: Wedding insurance provides protection from catastrophic life events that could interrupt your wedding plans and result in financial loss. For a resource, please see Grand Tradition’s Preferred Vendor list on our website or in your wedding brochure.
- COMMIT TO YOUR VENDOR SELECTIONS: Book your Officiant, Photographer and Videographers, Band or DJ, order your cake, order your flowers and décor, decide if you will have any additional entertainment and reserve those services.
- TAKE ENGAGEMENT PHOTOS: You are welcome to schedule a photography session at Grand Tradition with your photographer to take engagement photos. Photo sessions must be reserved and scheduled in advance.
- SHOP AND SELECT WEDDING FAVORS
- CREATE GIFT REGISTRIES WITH AT LEAST TWO OF YOUR FAVORITE RETAILERS
- CONSIDER WEDDING ACCESSORIES: Grand Tradition allows you to use Grand Tradition’s cake riser, toasting glasses, cake knife and server, card box, flower girl petal basket, and ring bearer pillow, or you may purchase your own.
- MEETING WITH YOUR COORDINATOR: Write down any questions you have for your coordinator. Your coordinator will ask you what you have planned so far and be a resource for what you need next. You will need to provide the name, and contact information for all your wedding vendors. Your coordinator will be in direct contact with your vendors and coordinate delivery times, setup procedure and day-of timing.
- PLAN YOUR MENU: Grand Tradition will invite you and your fiancé to attend a Menu Tasting Event. You will be able to sample and select wines, hors d’oeuvres, salads, entrees, and even taste and see some of Grand Tradition’s special upgrades like the chocolate fountain. Plan to attend. Your coordinator will be there for assistance and menu planning.
- ORDER WEDDING STATIONARY: Invitations, response cards, escort cards, menus, place setting cards, thank you cards, and stamps. If you have selected a served menu, you will need to provide guest cards with their menu selections on them for each guest and include the menu choices on the invitation.
- ARRANGE WEDDING ACCOMMODATIONS & TRANSPORTATION
- EXPLORE WEDDING DAY HAIR & MAKEUP STYLES
- SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT WITH YOUR OFFICIANT: Plan your ceremony details, length of ceremony, begin writing vows.
- SCHEDULE FITTINGS FOR YOU AND YOUR BRIDAL PARTY
- CEREMONY: Grand Tradition assists with guest seating for the ceremony. Prepare any ceremony signs you will need, complete your itinerary and ceremony seating chart with your coordinator.
- BUY GIFTS: Purchase your bridal party gifts, and gift for your fiancé.
- CREATE A LIST OF MUST-HAVE PHOTOS: With acres of landscaped gardens, several waterfalls and a heart-shaped lake, Grand Tradition has an abundance of beautiful wedding photo opportunities. Make sure you get the most important shots by creating your “must-have list” to review with your photographer and wedding coordinator.
- PREPARE A PLAYLIST: Decide with your fiancé on your PLAY or even a DO NOT PLAY list of music for your reception. Make sure to include any sentimental pieces for family as well. This is your day to celebrate.
- ARRANGE FOR A HOTEL BLOCK: If you will have several out-of-town guests attending, you may want to reserve a “hotel block”. If you have a small number of guests traveling from out-of-town, simply refer two or three hotels nearby for your guests to select between. Most hotels have shuttles that may be able to transport guests to and from the wedding as well.
- BOOK YOUR HONEYMOON FLIGHTS: Most airlines will offer best rates or special offers about three months ahead. Check frequently with your travel agent or online booking sites for deals.
- CREATE YOUR VIDEO MONTAGE: Grand Tradition provides large, drop-down projection screens at Arbor Terrace Pavilion, Beverly Mansion Ballroom, and Orchid Bar for you to play a video montage.
- MEETING WITH YOUR COORDINATOR: Most of your wedding details are coming together! Your coordinator will meet with you to discuss progress and some final decisions. You will work on a floor plan for your guest tables and activities you would like to include.
- CEREMONY MUSIC: Grand Tradition provides a music and sound specialist that manages the audio equipment, speakers and music during the ceremony. If you would like live music performed, you may hire professional musicians and Grand Tradition’s sound technician will assist with amplification on the wedding day as well as the microphones and audio.
- CREATE YOUR RECEPTION SEATING CHART: If you will be assigning seats start to lay out how you will organize and assign seating. You may use a large seating chart or escort card table that will guide guests to their seats. Grand Tradition will provide a standing easel or escort card table and have it set for you as guests enter your reception.
- SEND YOUR WEDDING INVITATIONS (2 months): Your wedding responses should be back to you approximately one month before giving you plenty of time to assign seating and directly contact any guests who have not returned the response card.
- FINALIZE DETAILS WITH YOUR VENDORS: Meet your vendors in person and taste your wedding cake, review your play list with your disc jockey or band, review with the photographer, your floral designer, makeup artist, salon and any other vendors providing services.
- RESERVE TIME FOR YOUR REHEARSAL: Your coordinator will schedule a rehearsal time for you. Most wedding rehearsals are scheduled on Wednesday or Thursday before your wedding and last approximately one hour.
- PLAN YOUR REHEARSAL DINNER
- SCHEDULE FINAL FITTINGS
- APPLY FOR YOUR MARRIAGE LICENSE: You must apply in the county you will be married in. Grand Tradition resides in San Diego County. To apply for a marriage license, visit https://arcc.sdcounty.ca.gov/Pages/marriage-licenses.aspx#appointments to schedule an appointment.
- REVIEW YOUR WEDDING DAY ITINERARY WITH YOUR COORDINATOR: Your wedding coordinator will create a wedding itinerary and coordinate timing with all your wedding day vendors.
- ORDER WEDDING PROGRAMS
- PRACTICE YOUR FIRST DANCE TOGETHER: You might want to consider taking dance lessons or simply practicing your first dance.
- PUT THE FINISHING TOUCHES ON YOUR WEDDING VOWS
- WRITE THANK YOU CARDS FOR GIFTS THAT HAVE ARRIVED EARLY
- BUY GUEST BOOK & PEN
- PACK FOR YOUR HONEYMOON
- ASSIGN WHO WILL BE TAKING GIFTS AFTER THE WEDDING: At the end of the reception, Grand Tradition staff will load your gifts for you and send them with a person you designate. Please assign someone for this and make sure they are prepared with an empty, available vehicle and your instructions.
- WRITE TOASTS FOR YOUR REHEARSAL DINNER AND RECEPTION
- BREAK IN WEDDING SHOES
- PACK YOU WEDDING DAY ESSENTIALS BAG: Make sure you or your fiancé have the rings and marriage license as well as your personal necessities.
- PLAN FOR SOMEONE TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR HOME & PETS WHILE YOU ARE HONEYMOONING
- FINAL COUNT AND PAYMENT ARE DUE 10 DAYS BEFORE
- RELAX: Your wedding coordinator is busy this week contacting all your wedding vendors and making sure they are on task for your big day.
- SCHEDULE A MANICURE & PEDICURE
- TIME FOR YOUR REHEARSAL DINNER: Enjoy this time with your closest friends and family. Write them thank you cards and give them their bridal party gifts and let them know how much they mean to you.
- PREPARE ENVELOPES WITH PAYMENTS AND TIPS
- ENJOY YOUR WEDDING DAY: You have booked a wedding venue with more than three decades perfecting weddings; your wedding will run smoothly and be everything you planned for, so enjoy every minute!